Thursday, September 24, 2009

Cowhide Rugs - NOT PETA Approved

Maybe it's the Texan in me, but I am a little obsessed with fur rugs. I was browsing through photos on the New York Times website yesterday, and I came across a slide show of Russell Groves' summer house on the South Fork of Long Island. He had a gorgeous white cowhide rug in his living room and recommended FurRugs.com as his source. FurRugs.com has cowhide, sheepskin, and alpaca rugs, and depending on the size and pattern you can get your own little pet for just between $100-250. I am going to imagine these cows were turned into a tasty steak before they became the newest edition to a living room.

Spoken from the master of interiors himself:
Cowhide rugs are "primitive and at the same time intensely glamorous and extremely tactile." - S. Russell Groves

www.FurRugs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails