Thursday, February 3, 2011

Desire/Acquire: The Perfect Day/Weekend/Office/Anytime Look

There is something about the outfit Marina Larroude, Style.com Senior Market Editor, is wearing in her Spring 2011 Shopping Guide profile that I am completely drawn to.  Maybe it's the easy-breezy casual, yet pulled together vibe.  Or maybe it's that I think those are fancy sweat pants.  Either way, it is most definitely that I can pull off this pairing with items I already own.  Though I love the blue and gray tones with wild shoes, you could pull this look off with any spectrum of colors: black and gray, brown and cream, or red and orange if you are Viviana Volpicella.

So, let's break it down:
- Nubby knit sweater.
- Ankle length trousers, jeans, or lounge pants in this case.
- Bag in same color family as your pants and top but not matching.  I think if you go with black pants and black bag you kind of miss the look.
- Chunky watch or a wrist full of bracelets to fem it up a bit.
- Shoes with a clean silhouette but an interesting print.  Strappy evening sandals with flouncies would not work here. 

Other than the Celine bag I am salivating over, I don't know much about the other pieces.  But, for a similar look,I think the items below would be perfecto!

PS - If you are heels adverse (which I am during the day) or want to tone the shoe portion down a bit pair with brogues, loafer, or driving mocs.

J. Crew Chalet Zip Sweater in Heather Dove - $39.99
J. Crew Merino Un-Sweatpant in Heather Carbon - $49.99



Parentesi leather tote in Slate Blue - $229 @ yoox.com

Yaneli by Nina Cheetah Wedge - $110 @ dnafootwear.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails