Thursday, May 7, 2009

Cheap and Chic Summer Sandals at AE

American Eagle is my little secret resource for cheap summer sandals. I think it is atrocious how shoe companies take advantage of our need to show off our fresh pedicured tootsies and charge anywhere from $100 (for a pair from Steve Madden) to $800 for a pair of Louboutin's. Seriously people: It is a sole with a minimal amount of leather straps...basically just enough to hold the damn thing to the bottom of your foot, you can only wear them three months a year and AND they look like they trekked through the Kalahari come Labor Day.

Last summer I popped into American Eagle and found a great pair of brown leather gladiator sandals that tied at the ankle. I got endless compliments and basked in the satisfaction of my $30 find the entire summer. Now, here we are with Summer 2009 approaching. I was thrilled to see a pair of AE's sandals featured in my Style.com newsletter this week. They are all under 40 bucks, and at that price just go wild and get every one you like. My favs are the Tribal Sandals pictured above ($39.99) and the Fringe Sandal at a wallet-friendly $29.99. Now there is no excuse to forgo the semi-weekly pedi. Enjoy!

See all American Eagle's Summer Sandals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails