Friday, August 7, 2009

Mini Shorts

One of the necessary extravagances I allow myself is the mani-pedi. Granted I am not heading to Bliss or any place fancy schmancy, but there is a GREAT place on Bleecker between Thompson and Sullivan called Gigi Nails that does a manicure-pedicure for $23 every day. I think they are one of the best budget nail places in NYC.

Anyway....I am currently obsessed with Essie Mini Shorts nail lacquer. I first heard of it in a Vanity Fair profile of Jenna Lyons, J.Crew's creative director. She said she always gets Mini Shorts on her toes. Of course I had to check this out. After a summer of doom and gloom which has felt much more akin to living in Charles Dickens's London than New York, this nail color is the breath fresh air I need. Don't get me wrong, it is bright construction/hazard/day-glo orange, but in a strange way it looks very modern, perfect for summer, and has no ties to tragic early 90's hot pink. This is my new summer staple polish; I can go back to Wicked once it gets cold out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails