Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Ditch Denim This Fall

I have been feeling truly bored with denim for a while now, and I have decided to kick it to the curb for the time being. Not only am I a bit fed up spending $200+ for a single pair of jeans (only to find out 6 months later the fashion industry is plotting against my pocket book: skinny legs are over, high waisted is over, acid wash is in, etc.), but I just want to mix it up, dress it up, get rid of my denim doldrums. My inspiration comes from Laura Bennett of Project Runway who said she wears riding pants instead of jeans because when you have 5 kids, jeans are the slippery slope to sweat pants.

An unexpected trip to J. Crew this weekend reignited my excitement in pants.....real pants with side zips, ankle lengths, and luxe fabrics all for under $100.

My first fav from J.Crew was the Minnie pant ($80), a great ankle length slim fitting pant in stretch twill that makes your legs look like toothpicks. Since I was revamping my pant wardrobe I had to pick them up in Black and Coal.

My dirty little splurge was the Pixie pant ($88). I have been looking for a riding pant for years, but not in a horsey way...more like in a luxurious legging type of fashion. Well, my friends, here they are. The Pixie pant has the styling of a black riding pant combined with the fit of a legging topped off with a fierce gold zipper up the bum. They are like something Madonna would go riding in. PS- They are ankle length in the pic only because the model is most likely 6-feet tall.

Round out your wardrobe with a Winter legging from American Apparel ($38), and you are set for chilly days ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails