Thursday, October 15, 2009

My Favs: Sara Story


Where do I even start with Sara Story: Accomplished interior designer, business woman, style maven, mother, wife, friend, philanthropist, world traveler, elephant polo player, etc, etc. If you want to find someone who does it all, it is Sara. She is the principal of Sara Story Design and has been featured in Elle Decor, Domino, O at Home and countless other shelter magazines. Sara has an impeccable sense of style and a penchant for all things luxurious, so I was really excited to throw the My Favs questionnaire her way. Enjoy!

Beauty Products

Lipstick -
Clarins Instant Light: It's gloss with a bit of color—LOVE everything by Clarins
Shampoo
- Shu Uemura
Moisturizer
- Patricia Wexler: It's about $40, and it rocks--has sunscreen too.
Hair Product - Barex Italiana
Perfume - Ambra di Venezia Toothpaste - Tom's of Maine in Spearmint Gel
Nail-Polish Color - Opi in Mrs. O’ Leary’s BBQ: It’s a super dark
purple/brown
Where do you get your hair cut -
Eugene at Rita Hazan Salon


Clothes
Jeans - AG or James
Underwear- Hanky Panky
Sneakers - Adidas
Watch - Rolex

T-Shirt - Splendid: softest cotton
Day Dress - Carolina Herrera or Calypso—(has the cutest dresses at really good prices)
Day Bag -
Prada
Evening Bag - Lanvin
Favorite Accessory - My gold bracelets: Some are from loved ones, some from cool trips I have taken. I love wearing them all together.
Favorite Designer - Elber Albaz for Lanvin. I am obsessed with him. His clothes are my favorite.


Home

Where do you live - Gramercy Park

Favorite Art - Elizabeth Peyton
Sheets - Casa del Bianco
Coffee-Maker
- Cuisinart
Stationary - Hazlitz from London
Flowers
- Peonies from Plaza Florists
Gadget
- iphone
Neighborhood Restaurant - Casa Mono
Drink
- Dirty martini
Dessert
- Lemon meringue pie


Inspirations
Discovery -
Neue Gallery in New York
Who inspires you - Kelly Wearstler, Annabelle, Selldorf, Madonna
Necessary Extravagance - Travel, travel, travel. It always inspired and energizes me.
Charity - Charities for kids are among my favorites

Movie
- Love Actually--is that corny? I can watch it over and over.
Vintage Store - Ina in SoHo
Hotel - Plaza Athenne in Paris: Chic, fun and super french

Color - Orange

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails