Thursday, November 26, 2009

I am Thankful For....

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! This year has been a wild ride, so I am just going to take a minute to reflect on what I am truly thankful for.
  1. Family & Friends - This one is obvious, and they are purposefully on top of the list.
  2. The two open networks I pirate internet from at my apartment. Thanks Apple Network f2d1f3!
  3. The Cut - My favorite blog on NY Mag's website. I read this every day and relish in the snarky comments I can leave. It is my total guilty pleasure.
  4. Lady Gaga - I don't know about you, but she has really spiced up my year. I was getting bored with Beyonce, Fergie, and Rhianna, and Gaga is a force to be reckoned with. About 18 months ago she performed on the roof of my friend's apartment building for no more than 20 curious onlookers. Today she is doing duets with Beyonce and SNL skits with Madonna. Just shows you how quickly life can change.
  5. Technology - My dad once asked me if I had to do without a computer or a cell phone what would I choose. Of course I said the computer because I could use the internet on my phone. We live in an amazing time where any piece of info from celebs behaving badly to the lifespan of a dung beetle is at our fingertips. Amazing.
  6. Cajun Chicken at Le Bilboquet - Best dish in New York City. My mouth waters just thinking about it. Dipping the fries in the sauce is pure heaven.
  7. Conde Nast for not shutting down any more of my favorite magazines - Keep you toes crossed Vogue, GQ, and Vanity Fair! RIP Domino.
  8. The High Line - The west side is reinvigorated, and this is my favorite spot to run in the morning. It may be packed on the weekends, but it is deserted at 7am on a weekday. Pure bliss.
  9. La Esquina Brunch - Anyone up for this tomorrow? The most decent Mexican food I have found in this city (including great margs).
  10. This American Life - If you aren't downloading the podcasts do so immediately. This is storytelling at its finest.
Now it's time to go back to deciding which leggings I should wear to dinner (elastic waist haha).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails