Thursday, March 11, 2010

Oscar Rundown: The Good, the Bad, and the Boring

I think the Oscars is one of the hardest awards shows to pick apart; mainly because it seems that everyone uses a stylist to make their fashion choices.  Long gone are the days of Cher in Bob Mackie, Demi Moore in biker shorts, and Juliette Lewis in cornrows.  They say money can't buy style.....but, it can buy you a stylist.

Remember: 1) I may love someone as an actor, but that will have no bearing on if they look great in my book or not. 2) I never pick on spouses, girlfriends, or guests because they are just along for the ride. 3) I try to look past the plastic surgery, botox'd faces, and hair and makeup faux pas to focus on the clothes, shoes, and accessories.

The Good...

Project Runway alum Chris March blew it out of the water with this number.  Dresses with sleeves are so sophisticated.  Christian Siriano who?  Haha.

You know they say 'dress for the job you want, not the one you have'.  Well, she dressed for the job of 'Best Actress' and got it.  Hired!
 The best print of the night:  Great color but with a simple silhouette.  I would wear this.

Glam! This dress looked as great on TV as it did on the red carpet.

Tina Fey gets a gold star after her Golden Globes debacle.  Reminds me of Kate Winslet's dress last year.  Rock those curves!

The Bad...  
 Hands down worst Oscar dress of the year.  But, at least she didn't have a flower over her crotch.

Cougar alert!  Mariah Carey wearing a tight dress with an enormous slit, tons of cleavage, and ridiculously high heels.  Shocking!! 

 Dammit stand up straight!  You can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl.
 
 Help!  I am being attacked by a coral reef!

Zoe has been a busy girl, but that is no match for the 6 colors and three fabrics of this dress.  And, I thought we were going to get a crotch shot when the lifted up her dress to walk to the presenters stand.

The Boring...

If your dress is exactly the same color as your skin, you get an automatic 'boring' vote in my book.

I like Penelope Cruz, but I feel like she wears this dress every year in a different color....and what is up with the lopsided bodice. 


And Finally...
I must have a tribute to Kathy Ireland's one and only trip hosting the red carpet.  I felt like she was announcing a beauty pageant....for robots.
Domo arigato, Mr. Robato...

Images courtesy of Style.com and US Weekly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails