My little bro is in town this weekend, so I will be testing out new cheap places, revisiting my favorite haunts, and trying to do the coolest New-Yorky thinks on a budget. I will keep you posted of our goings-on each day for an insider's guide to showing an out-of-towner the city.
- Subway from Penn to my place - yay got A train--only 2 stops.
- Drop the bag off and cruise to The High Line (my favorite thing in NYC at the moment)
- Dinner at Bill's Bar and Burger. Great burgers and fries on a budget. It's exactly what you want to get your burger fix, and just the right amount of food (ie no food baby/coma). We split the Oreo shake for dessert. The menu touts "loads of Oreos" and it does not dissapoint.
- Walking tour of the West Village.
- Swing by The Park for a fundraiser for my NYC AIDS Walk team, The Harvey Milkmen. Tres successful!
- Mosey back towards Washington Square Park---bedtime.
Tonight: Yankees game!
Photo courtesy of thehighline.org