Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Loving This MJ Day Clutch

Ever since I spied Viviana Volpicella's carrying YSL's super chic day clutch I have been on a frenzied hunt to find something similar: same concept (maneuvering through the day with only the essentials), same lines (needs to be large enough to carry said essentials), and a bit of hardware on the front to give it that luxe look.  And obviously, it needs to be priced to move.  Day clutch you say?  Yes.  I think this is about to get big, and everyone from Balenciaga to Top Shop is doing clutches that carry more than just a cc, lipstick, and phone this spring.


I think I have found a winner!  Here we have the Marc Jacobs large flat leather case in orange leather with gold-tone hardware.  It has studded detailing at the sides and a padlock on the front that screams Hermes.  I also love how it has an internal zip pocket for lady things.  At 10" x 8" it is a great size that will fit your goodies, but won't weigh you down at a cocktail party.  Best thing: It's $290 on Net-a-porter....ahem, when was the last time you saw anything designer and leather (that wasn't a key ring or a card holder) go for this price?  The new economy people!  I am heading to the Marc Jacobs on Bleecker this weekend for a test drive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails