Friday, April 24, 2009

Tracy Anderson: Fitness Goddess

I am newly obsessed with Tracy Anderson, and well, if you are the personal trainer of Gwyneth Paltrow and Madonna you must be doing something that is effective and achieving results because those two have sick bods. Tracy is opening up a studio in TriBeCa this summer, but I heard memberships are $600 a month. Ya, not gonna happen. My three closest freinds and I could have all-access passes to Equinox for that hefty sum. So, I got a little creative and found a bunch of Tracy Anderson workouts, interviews, and meal plans by Googling her. Her goal is to get you to a combination of your tiniest and most toned body, and truthfully, who doesn't want that.

I have been mixing up these workout routines for about a month, and for the first time in 10 years I heard from a friend that I have a flat butt....and I equate flat to small as opposed to the junk in the trunk I was carting around before. I switch off toning exercises with 30 minutes of cardio every other day (who has two hours to work out a day?). Tracy's cardio philosophy is to keep mixing it up to confuse the body. This means not jogging at the same pace for 30 minutes, but combining running with sprinting, skipping, side sashays, etc. This is hard as hell and is a great cardio workout (Just try skipping for a minute! Killer.). I have tried this on both the treadmill and outside on the mean streets of the West Village, and I much prefer the street. I would rather look like an idiot sashaying down Hudson St. than become treadmill roadkill....try side-sashaying on a conveyor belt. I dare you.

Below are the workouts I found on YouTube and Gwyneth Paltrow's blog, Goop. Don't get scared when she says to work up to 100 reps of something. Start small and keep going. You will see results if you stick with it. Anyone can carve out 45 minutes a day to look and feel amazing. It's all about "stick-to-it-tiveness"!






Click here for another great legs and butt workout from Gwyneth's blog, Goop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails