Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Left Coast

I fought it for 28 years.  I don't know why I had a chip on my shoulder towards Los Angeles, but I had absolutely no desire to travel there.  Maybe it was too much paparazzi poopoo on Perez Hilton, or one too many episodes of the original 'Housewives' or The Hills/Laguna Beach.  Whatever stereotypical Paris Hilton circa 2002 view I had of the place did nothing but annoy me.  Now I'm gonna eat my piece of humble pie.  I've been in Southern California twice for work this summer, and I'd lie if I didn't admit to taking quite a liking to it.  Weather = amazing.  Food = how I wish I could eat in NYC all the time.  Architecture & interiors = a breath of fresh air coming from stuffy, over accessorized, Elle Decor obsessed NYC.  Not to say I'll be packing up the tenement and going back to Cali, but it's always nice to have a few little slices of heaven to slip away to every now and then.    

Venice Beach
California Republic
MOCA Downtown
Segment
Close-up.  Poor Britney.
The Golden Gopher - Downtown LA


Figeroa Hotel Lobby
Figeroa Pool-side
Embassy Hotel Apartments - Santa Monica


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails